Code of Conduct
At Pin Trader Club we are striving to build a community of pin traders that is welcoming and friendly. Remember, if your behaviour would make Mickey sad don't do it!
Be patient and courteous
Some people have different levels of knowledge when it comes to pin trading and we want to ensure that newer members of our community are welcomed and helped to flourish.
We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, educational level, colour, immigration status, sex, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability.
We all depend on each other to help this community and practice grow. Your decisions will affect real people, and you should take those consequences into account when making decisions. When communicating with members of Pin Trader Club remember you are speaking to real people and you should treat them with the same respect you would treat others in the offline world.
We won't all agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for disrespectful behaviour. If you do not agree with someones opinion on what is an acceptable trade please use respectful language, for example, "Sorry I don't wish to trade for that pin as I don't collect them. Why not have a look at my ISO list and see if there's something there you could trade instead?"
Choose your words carefully
Always conduct yourself in a courteous manner. Be kind to others and do not insult or put them down. Harassment and exclusionary behaviour aren't acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Threats of violence
- Discriminatory jokes and language
- Sharing sexually explicit or violent material
- Personal insults, especially those using racist, homophobic or sexist terms
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Simulated physical contact (e.g. textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- “Doxxing” - the publication of personal identifying information
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
If any member of our community is asked to stop harassing behaviour and doesn't immediately comply they may be expelled from Pin Trader Club. This will be decided by the admins.
If you want to discuss anything contained in this code of conduct or have a complaint about any member of our community, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.